18TH November 2016
Dear Parent and Carers,
I am writing to advise all adults that our Safeguarding procedures are being updated and the following changes have been made.
- Parents that visit the school for any assembly must sign in at reception, where a sticker will be given. Parents will then be asked to wait in the entrance, until a member of staff takes you to the hall. After the assembly, you will be brought back to reception to sign out. This is to ensure your safety, in the event of a fire and the safety of your children.
- Anyone wishing to speak to a teacher must do this before morning bell or at the end of the school day. You will need to sign in at reception, and will be asked to wait there, until the member of staff arrives. We cannot ask teachers to come out of their classroom once the school day has started.
- We understand that you may speak to a member of staff on the playground. However, if you need a private conversation in school, we ask that you come in via reception where you can sign in. This is to ensure the safety of everyone in the building, in the event of a fire. No adults will be allowed into school through the children’s entrances.
- There is a disabled toilet in the entrance area, but we ask that parents don’t make a habit of this. If you need to use this facility, please ensure that you let staff in the office know when you are leaving the building.
- When after school clubs finish at 4.10pm, we ask that an adult is available to pick up a child. There are a number of children walking home alone and as the nights are getting darker, this is a safeguarding concern.
We continue as always to have an ‘open door’ policy and I am sure that you will all agree, the changes made are a positive move in ensuring the safety of your children, which remains our main priority.
Thank you for your continued support,
Mrs J Shorrocks