1066 and all that!
On Thursday 24th March year 6 visited Clitheroe castle as part of their current theme work.
As part of their 'Super-sleuth' theme, year 6 have been learning about life in Anglo-Saxon Britain and the events leading up to the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
Despite the rain, year 6 had a great time. Highlights of the day included:
- re-enacting three important battles taking the roles of either: Vikings, Saxons or Normans
- handling authentic replica weapons (and dressing as a Norman warrior)
- exploring the importance of armour by creating an armoured suit for 'Sir Egbert' before dropping him from the castle walls
- building a model of a 'Motte and Bailey' castle
- exploring the defensive and offensive features of the castle